Jan 4, 2013

The Friday Five 1.4.13

1. What I’m Reading: I haven’t read a novel in a while. Book club girls: what are we doing?! For a refresher, I picked up The Elements of Style, an American English style guide on grammar and writing. Classic.

2. What I’m Eating: Roti Rolls came to Daniel Island on Thursday. Cory let me know ahead of time, so I was able to whip up a batch of cookies for them the night before. I love those guys and they deserve some homemade treats from one of their biggest fans.photo 2 (9)

In return, I got a Funky Farmer: a roti roll filled with curried local sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, rutabaga and ginger with braised greens and pickled beets. On the side I had a beet and arugula salad. photo 3 (8)

So worth standing in the rain!photo 1 (7)

Later that night, my friend Eric was at The Green Door, their sister restaurant, where he received some of the chocolately goodness. They knew we were friends and handed him a cookie. Charleston is so small and this made me smile.

Roti Rolls (Food Truck) on Urbanspoon

3. Recipes I’m Bookmarking: Best Ever Beet and Bean Burgers. Say that 5 times fast. Then make them. 

4. What I’m Watching: Even if just one of you readers is a Parks & Recreation fan, then I will make someone laugh with this video. I cry laughing every.single.time.

5. GIFs I’m Loving:

PRETENDING TO LIKE A PRESENT

DRUNK FLIRTING

EXPECTATIONimage

REALITYimage

WHEN I REALIZE IT’S FRIDAY!!!

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!