Jan 6, 2013

The Weekend of Baking and Running

Surprise, surprise! My weekend was full of two of my favorite hobbies. Hanging out in my kitchen and pounding the pavement are definitely high up on the list of things I love to do. You all know this. Judging by the amount of food I made this weekend, you’d think I was feeding an army. Judging by the amount of miles I ran this weekend, you’d think I was training for something.

Oh, wait. I am.

In the past 72 hours, I’ve made Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Crisps:photo 3

Carrot Cake Energy Balls:photo 1 (8)photo 2 (7)

Crispy Tofu in a Honey Basil Dressing:photo 4 (7)

And, drum roll, please…two Sriracha Cheddar Loaves:photo 5 (5)

Here’s the mini one:photo 1 (7)

It pairs extremely well with a bottle of Malbec and my best friend:photo 2 (1)

As much as I didn’t want to leave my oven’s side, I received some motivation to put my sneakers on. Sunday morning, my grandpa sent me this:photo 2

And Danielle (who completed her first half marathon on Saturday!!), sent me this:photo 4

So back to training it was, with a 5 miler on Friday:photo 5

And an 11-mile run on Sunday.photo 3

That was the farthest Amanda and I have ever run and it felt pretty darn good. Especially the inappropriate stretching outside of her apartment, haha.photo 5 (4)

We are so ready for our race in 2 weeks!photo 4 (6)

Now if this post doesn’t epitomize hungry meets healthy, then I don’t know what does!

Questions for you:

  • Which of the aforementioned recipes would you like to see most? I’ll post it tomorrow!
  • Half marathoners: While training, what was the farthest you ran the week before your race? Some people stop at 10, some people continue…talk to me.